U10 Age Level
Children shall be 8-9 years old on the year starting the seasonal year (Fall season).
Typically games will be officiated by three referees, grade 8 or below.
The FIFA rules of soccer will apply with the following allowances:
The field is 50 yards wide x 70 yards long
Field shall be marked according to KYSA Guidelines.
The goals are 7 feet high and 18 feet wide.
The games will be played with a size 4 ball.
The game consists of 2 - 25 minute halves with 5 minutes at the half. Games will end at the end of "regulation" play. No overtimes or shoot-outs shall be played.
We will man the field with 7 players. Roster limit is a maximum 14.
All players will play approximately 50% of the game. Substitution will be:
1. Prior to a throw-in in its favor,
2. Prior to a goal kick by either team,
3. After a goal by either team,
4. After an injury, by either team, when the referee stops play,
5. At half-time, or between periods.
• Kick-offs at the start of each quarter or after a goal is scored, do not require an indirect touch to count. The ball must touch another player before the kicker can contact it again.
• Goalkeepers will be used.
• Free kicks will be indirect and direct free kicks.
• Out-of-bounds at the sides will be taken as throw-ins where the ball went out.
• Out-of-bounds at the ends will be taken as a corner kick at the end of the sideline for the offensive team or as a goal kick for the defending team.
• There will be penalty kicks. These will be played as direct kicks.
• Offsides in effect, back passing rule applied
• No slide tackles.
Coaches may coach from the sideline and are restricted to an area within 10 yards on either side of the center line. No coaches on the field. No coaching from the goal lines (ends of the field) or the opposite sideline.
Drills (Press Forward or Rewind to view different drills and their names are in the top left corner)