Graves County Soccer Association
U-8 Age Level
Children shall be 6 or 7 years old on the January 1st preceding the playing season.
Games will be officiated by one referee.
The FIFA rules of soccer will apply with the following allowances:
The field is 30 yards wide x 50 yards long.*
Goal areas shall be marked at appropriate dimensions for the field size.
Center circle shall be marked at approximately 7 yards.
Goals are 6 feet high and 12 feet wide.
The games will be played with a size 3 ball.
The game consists of 4 – 10 minute quarters with 2 minutes between quarters and 5 minutes at the half. Games will end at the end of “regulation” play. No overtimes or shall be played.
We will man the field with 5 players. Roster limit is a maximum 10. Parents are not allowed to accompany their children on the field.
All players will play approximately one half of each half. Substitution is allowed during any stoppage of play.
• Kick-offs at the start of each quarter or after a goal is scored, do not require an indirect touch to count. The ball must touch another player before the kicker can contact it again.
• Goalkeepers will be used.
• All free kicks will be indirect free kicks.
• Out-of-bounds at the sides will be taken as throw-ins where the ball went out.
• Out-of-bounds at the ends will be taken as a corner kick at the end of the sideline for the offensive team or as a goal kick for the defending team.
• There will be no penalty kicks. These will also be played as indirect free kicks from the point play was stopped.
• No offsides; coaches abusing this allowance will be considered in violation of “Unsporting Conduct.”
• No slide tackles.
Coaches may coach from the sideline and are restricted to an area within 10 yards on either side of the center line. No coaches on the field. No coaching from the goal lines (ends of the field) or the opposite sideline.
* Minimum size 20 yards wide x 40 yards long.
35 Drills (Press Forward or Rewind to view different drills and their names are in the top left corner)