Graves County Soccer Association
U- 6 Age Level
Children shall be 4 or 5 years old on the January 1st preceding the playing season.
Games will be officiated by one referee.
The FIFA rules of soccer will apply with the following allowances:
The field is 30 yards wide x 50 yards long.*
No goal area shall be marked.
Center circle shall be marked.
Goals are 6 feet high and 12 feet wide.
The games will be played with a size 3 ball.
The game consists of 4 – 8 minute quarters with 2 minutes between quarters and 5 minutes at the half. Games will end at the end of “regulation” play. No overtimes shall be played.
We will man the field with 4 players. Roster limit is a maximum 8. Parents are advised not to accompany their children on the field.
All players will play approximately one half of each half. Free substitution is allowed.
• Kick-offs at the start of each quarter or after a goal is scored, do not require an indirect touch to count. The ball must touch another player before the kicker can contact it again.
• No Goalkeepers; Coaches will be encouraged to arrange players on the field so they can work together as a unit playing offense and defense.
• Out-of-bounds at the sides will be taken as throw-ins where the ball went out.
• Out-of-bounds at the ends will be taken as a corner kick at the end of the sideline.
• All free kicks will be indirect free kicks.
• There will be no penalty kicks. These will also be played as indirect free kicks from the point play was stopped.
• No offsides; however, coaches abusing this allowance will be considered in violation of “Unsporting Conduct.”
• No sliding tackles
Coaches may coach on the field.
* Minimum size 20 x 40 yards
32 Drills (Press Forward or Rewind to view different drills and their names are in the top left corner)U6 Drills